Rexroth Syn Top

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Apparently there are a lot of these systems still running the field today so I thought perhaps this information might be helpful to someone in the future:

I was called to assist with gaining serial comms to some of these systems today(2024!!!), and was able to do so after some trial and error:

Used:
Host OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
Virtualbox 7.1
Guest OS: Windows7 professional x86 with guest additions installed
Hardware: PPC-R22.1
Firmware: V13
Software: Syn Top 13VRS (corresponds to firmware version)
USB-Serial adapter(Prolific PL2303-HXD chip) with device specific driver installed on the guest OS

I didn't know what the correct com settings were for this system, but there's a nice tool in SCP configuration that can automatically scan and check like every setting under the sun, which came in handy.

When I did perform the scan I was only able to get a response from 1 of the PPC's in the system, and it indicated what the appropriate comms settings were for communicating with that device. Because its a serial network there is a device specific address for all of those on that serial network, we had paper documentation which indicated all of these.

I then configured communications inside SCP configuration for all of those devices using the same com/baud/parity for each, but changing the device #.

Just passing on the info for future quandaries.

Last edited: