Slope sensor

Kyle Grathwol

Good Morning Gentlemen,

Does anyone know of a device that will accurately sense slope and give an analog output based on percent slope? This unit will have to be sealed from the elements as it is on a piece of highway construction equipment and it must be liquid filled to dampen the movement of a pendulum. It needs to read 0-5 degrees in both directions. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Take a look at some of the artificial horizon aircraft instruments - they definitely provide an output , though I can't tell you what is is .

Thanks Mordred. I am looking to monitor one axis for example slope from left to right. The link you sent appears to be too sophisticated for this project but I do appreciate your time!!

Hi Kyle,

I think the instrument you're looking for is an 'Inclinometer' which can be as simple as just a potentiometer with a pendulum attached.

Try googling it....

Kevin H

Last edited:
Check with a local distributor for cranes and crane accessories. This type of device is often used to measure and report boom angle.