Slow Omron Software Upgrade Utility

edpg1

Does anyone else have an issue downloading from their Automatic updater?

I typically get around 1MB/sec this is running around 70kb/sec.

Is there an FTP or another option to download their updates?

I typically reinstall my Omron OS every year or so, so by then new updates have come out, so keeping a copy of the updates doesn't seem to be helping me.

Yeah, they're really slow. I haven't found any other options.
The worst part is that even if you get a new distribution for Omron you still have to update it.

Mine is extremely slow too. It will sit there for half a day downloading. At first I didn't even know if it's working.

One thing that you can do ....
Select "download only" and let the download run overnight into a CX-One Updates folder. You can then install the downloaded update files the next day. This is especially useful if you have to update more than one copy of CX-One.

One thing that you can do ....
Select "download only" and let the download run overnight into a CX-One Updates folder. You can then install the downloaded update files the next day. This is especially useful if you have to update more than one copy of CX-One.

We do that now because we have a number of users at our plant. We download the updates and put them on the server.

Even with this it's slow. The update utility sits there for a long time before it starts to actually download.

Also our IT guys want us to lock up our laptops at night. Apparently it's company policy.

We do that now because we have a number of users at our plant. We download the updates and put them on the server.

Even with this it's slow. The update utility sits there for a long time before it starts to actually download.

Also our IT guys want us to lock up our laptops at night. Apparently it's company policy.
Simple answer ..... tell them "OK, then you do the downloads!"

Simple answer ..... tell them "OK, then you do the downloads!"

We have to put in an "IT ticket" for our IT guys to do anything. Even then they have to get to the IT ticket which can mean months. So I end up doing the downloads myself and time it when I am in all day meetings.