softstart on single-phase motor

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer asking me about using a soft start to start a 2hp 115V single phase motor. It is working fine they just want to soften the start a bit. I wasn't sure how well this would work with a single phase centrifual starting switch ect. Has anyone tried this? Does it work ? Know of a good supplier you would recommend? We could replace it with a three phase motor and vfd if necessary or simpler.

I've never used one myself, but I know that there are many single phase soft start drives available, and I've known of several clients who have employed them successfully. Just Google it to see what is available.

Similar Topics

Drive exec doesn't see my two smc soft starts. However rslinx classic does.. Thoughts?
Replies
Views
We are building a new control system for one of our grinders and were looking at using a soft start. looks like these SMC 50 are the newset kids...
Replies
Views
I have a application with about 15 roof fans that are bel driven and in hard to reach areas. We are looking at softstarts for these such as the AB...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have about 13Pcs of SMC3 installed which drive about 4 sets of motor each, the total motor load in each Softstart is within the SMC3...
Replies
Views
I have CPU313C-2DP , I want to connect it with ABB Softstart"PST142-600-70"by PROFIBUS network. I set ABB Softstart as following : Menu -->...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom