Software for CTC PowerStation Displays?

sanger

We have a CTC P11-314DR touchscreen panel and I'm trying to determine what software is needed to modify the application. I've made several calls to CTC over the last few days but the company seems to be in permanent "Leave a message and we'll call you back" mode.

Steve

We have a CTC P11-314DR touchscreen panel and I'm trying to determine what software is needed to modify the application. I've made several calls to CTC over the last few days but the company seems to be in permanent "Leave a message and we'll call you back" mode.

Steve
If it is a failry new Power Station unit, you'll need Interact (not Xpress but full blown one).
If it is an old one Interact will do as well depending onw how far back the unit goes (you may end up needing an older version).
BAD news= If you do not have the actual application saved on a drive or some other place, as far as I remember you cannot upload or re-create it.
Wait for someone else to chime in though so they can confirm.

The unit is 80386 based so it's definitely not a newer unit. The application is not terribly complicated so I can probably recreate it from scratch in a day if I need to.

I agree with bkottaras. But you might be able to upload the application using the Machine Shop Toolbar. If you do have the project, you use Interact to program the projects. Machine Shop Toolbar is used to download the project. You can download the demo version of Interact from the CTC website at: http://www.ctcusa.com/CTCNET/support/Intdown.asp.

By the way, try searching this site for your model number, there are lots of posts regarding it.

I see the Interact software is available to purchase on-line but I'm not sure whether I'd need the 'Base Modules' version (with PTM, GMM, AMM) or the 'All Modules Version'. The existing application just uses simple buttons and indicators so I'm assuming the 'Base Modules' version would be adequate.

The PowerStation also has a DH+ Module piggybacked on it. I'm not sure if I need to purchase drivers for that as well.

If I remember correctly, PTM, GMM, and AMM are the panel, graphics, and alarm modules that come with the basic version. There are additional add-on modules for recipe, report, trending, and other stuff. I suggest downloading the demo and see if it has all you need. It is the actual full program with a one hour time limit.

The software comes with the A-B Data Highway driver and a few others. I do not know what to say about your piggy back module.

I am surprised that CTC has not called you back. The web site has local numbers in addition to headquarters. You might want to try some of those.