Solar panel power

Thanks, There will be no battery and the inverter I had in mind was not grid tied (that's why the contactor; to switch between inverter and grid) I might go with a grid tied now much better.

Inverter should have a low DC bus voltage trip. I guess you could use AC output as control voltage for the switching relay. Downside of doing this may be rapid back and forth switching.

Think I would use a separate DC volt sense with a timer on it to prevent back and forth cycling.

Dan Bentler

If you're going to use a Mastervolt Inverter, you don't need a relay at all. If the DC voltage is to low, it will switch off, and will use nearly no power. If the DC power is high enough it will start to deliver to the grid. There are no external components needed.

In my case I've placed a manual breaker in de DC line, but this depends on the max. voltage on the DC bus, and is just for maintenace usage.

Don't use a Chineese inverter in small Solar systems, as these are much less efficient at low or no Solar Power.

Jack