Some CPU 314C-2DP Showing Offline

imnisarahmed

Dear Experts,

We have fourteen CPU 314C-2DP units that are interconnected with PROFIBUS and we have an IE/PB module to convert from PROFIBUS to Industrial Ethernet. I am trying to access PLCs from the Ethernet port of the IE/PB module. When I click on 'Online' I can see that some CPUs are online but some are showing as offline. Please find the attached snap. When I click on the offline CPUs I receive the message "Unable to reach the module CPU314C-2DP via the online interface". The CPUs that are showing as offline in the Simatic Manager Online window are physically turned on and operating. Please support me in identifying the reason why some of them are showing as offline.

Best regards,

Ahmed

Online.png

Do you have a means to go online with the individual CPUs via the MPI interface ?
I think that possibly the offline CPUs have run out of connection resources.
You can see the connection status in the online CPY properties. You should always be able to go online via the MPI port, on the CPU, one PG connection is always reserved.

Do you have a means to go online with the individual CPUs via the MPI interface ?
I think that possibly the offline CPUs have run out of connection resources.
You can see the connection status in the online CPY properties. You should always be able to go online via the MPI port, on the CPU, one PG connection is always reserved.

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for your reply.

I can connect and go online individually through the MPI interface/MPI adapter. Everything is working fine, and there are no issues.
However, I have set up the IE/PB module and tried to access the PLCs from one engineering computer through Ethernet. It is working with some, but some are showing as offline.

Best regards,
Ahmed

Network.png

Go online with the CPUs on the MPI ports.
Then check the online CPU properties, Communication tab.
What connections are free ?
What connections are already in use ?