Connection problem wihit CPU 314C-2 DP

NoName

Hello all.

This is the first time that I am working with the CPU 314C-2 DP station.
I have set the PG/PC interface to PC adapter(Profibus). Beacouse I connected the MPI/DP adapter to the X2 DP port on the CPU. So far so good.

But then when I complete the hardware configuration in S7 and try to download it to the module this happens.
1. I select the target module and click OK.

2. Then I have to select the node addres, wich is set to 1. If I search any accesbile nodes I only get the inverters wich are allso connected in the profibus network. So I enter the profibus addres and click OK. Then the error msg kick's in. The error is: Connection to the target module cannot be established.
That's that.

What am I doing wrong???? In my previous 2 project's I worked with a C7635 OP wich has an integrated 315 station and I was able to configure it whitout any problems.... I realy can't understand what am I doing wrong.
HELP!!!!

Regards
>Aleš<

Hi Ales,

is the CPU fresh out of the box ?
Then the problem is that the X2 port is still set to -- not networked -- in the hw config of the CPU.

Connect to the X1 port in stead via MPI at 187.5 kBaud.
When you have downloaded the proper configuration to the CPU, the X2 port will be enabled and you can switch over to it.

Then I have to select the node addres, wich is set to 1
Maybe this is one source of the confusion/errors.
Default node addresses are PG/PC=0, HMI/OP=1, PLC=2.
Your C7 device was probably set to "1" because it was an OP. Try with "2" for the PLC and "31" for the PC. (I am guessing here because I have never used a C7).

Comment: I never use the node addresses 0, 1 or 2. This because it can cause a conflict if you want to attach an additional device to the network. If I allready use one of the factory defaults, then it could result in conflicting addresses the first time a new device is connected (before the node address is set to its final value).

I assume that this is the first time you have tried configuring this particular CPU, if that is the case then maybe the X2 port is still in it's default state, that is, it is disabled.

I think that you will have to configure the CPU via X1, the MPI port and in the hardware configuration enable the X2 port by 'networking' it.

Paul

I see Jesper beat me to it.

Yes the CPU is fresh out the box. So I hope that what you two stated is the problem and that I will be able to solve it tomorow.I'll let you now how it goes!

I have read the manual's but unfortunatley didn't pick it up.
Thank you both for the quick reply.

Regards

Hello again.

I succseded in downloading the hardware configuration to the CPU. I did it like you said, through X1 MPI port.
Thank you again guys.

Regards
Aleš

memory

attention!!!!
the project of the siemens ,especially the new project must be download to cpu via MPI port for whatever the new project .when you download the hardware ,you can download the program via profibus but you must set the path of "set PC/PG interface "mode to "profibus"
best regards!