Some hints dropped about the next evolution of RSLogix/Studio? ROK.auto/Ournext

I would like the popup to be on the same screen as the program.

Now (RSL500 & RSL/Studio5k) if I right click on the results window or a routine to close it the little popup box that normally is where the cursor was when clicked is on another monitor that usually is not the one next to the one being used.

Much agreed. I would like to see a similar layout to Proficy where I can put some windows (inspector, etc.) on one monitor and still keep my ladder or FBD on the other.

But I am the farthest thing from a Rockwell/AB fan. I think they were passed many years ago by their competitors, between price and ease of use alone they should be falling farther down the list. But that name is still real strong!

LOL Knowing Rockwell it will be something half assed that exists in most platforms already for years and they'll make it out to be a fantastic evolution rather than being something for the fan boys to be cheerful about.

Umm, that's Apple's schtick. They've honed it to a fine art.

OG

Umm, no. Not even an aligned comparison.

Yea it is on the "Hey new inventive feature!" scheme.

iPhone 1.. no Cut/Paste.. No voice dialing.

Next iPhone. NEW WORLD CLASS FEATURES. Includes.. Cut and Paste (Has existed since the 70s in computers...) abd Voice Dialing! Voice dialing having existed for years on basic phones like the ol Razr. Also both existing on Samsung Omnia (windows CE 5 phone)

Armor PowerFlex is a thing. I prefer generic modules, but I bet AOP support for the next Studio 5k version is coming.

https://youtu.be/SqfRO6Yvd3w

I've seen similar units before (IP65 VFD, unless I'm way off), but the diagonal pattern to the heatsink is weirdly attractive. I wonder if there's an actual advantage there (as compared to vertical fins), or if it's purely visual?

I've seen similar units before (IP65 VFD, unless I'm way off), but the diagonal pattern to the heatsink is weirdly attractive. I wonder if there's an actual advantage there (as compared to vertical fins), or if it's purely visual?

More surface area for dissipation is my guess.

Looks like it has a full-fledged ArmorBlock of some flavor built-in.

PreLC,

I am very very very skeptical that this is anything to get excited about.

Sounds like it is just a DevOps platform. And since it is rockwell, it will cost a mint, be very limited, and be *** backwards from how everyone else does things.

Believe me I would love to believe that Rockwell has something to BETTER to actually replace Studio 5000 Designer, but I won't hold my breath.

Didn't they announce Emulation for the 5580 early this year?

Still No emulation for the 5380, or the 5370.... I only use Compact Logix

LOL Knowing Rockwell it will be something half assed that exists in most platforms already for years and they'll make it out to be a fantastic evolution rather than being something for the fan boys to be cheerful about.
Rockwell???? No Never!!! How Dare you /s

Every year I grow to dislike the Rockwell Simp/fan-boys more and more. They are the reason we are all stuck using this antique garbage.