Speed And Torque Control In Siemens Mm440

RAJATPALLAV

We wish to use Siemens MM440 in extrusion application, where motor works in torque control mode in one direction and speed control mode in reverse direction repeatedly.

How to change direction and switch between these two modes and what is the role of parameters P1071 , P1072 , P1075 , P1076 ???

Hi there

Well am not a expert am just a amateur so just giving my thoughts.
Torque mode--> Means in one direction you need high torque, right??

Torque parameters are P1310, P1311, P1312, which are continues, acceleration and starting boost respectively, so read parameters detial and change there values to find out the best values.

All these parameters can be changed while VFD is running, that means you can change these value when motor changes direction.This I think can be done if you are communicating with VFD through profibus. You can change these parameters values using PKW, do the following:
If you have selected either of PPO type 1,2 or 5 (PKW=4 words)
Then in order to change the value of Parameter P1311 from default value of 0 to that of 100 do as follows:
Send 46B (hex equivalent of 1131) to first word of PKW
Send 0 to second word of PKW
Send 64 (hex equivalent of 100) to third word of PKW
send 0 to fourth word of PKW
PKW first word is Parameter number
PKW second word is parameter index number
PKW third and fourth word is Parameter value.

Speed control mode--> whats that? can you explain it? Means do you want to change the speed of VFD w.r.t certain input?

About the parameters you mentioned all are Communication parameters, but what are you planning?

Regards
Manmeet

Last edited: