speed control of ac motor with plc and scada

zaidisaab

Hi guyz
I am beginner to PLC I want to do a project on speed control of motor with PLC and scada we have s7 200 with both digital and analog modules and Schneider altivar 12 drive.
Please help me out how to connect PLC to drive. Wiring diagram will be appreciated.

Hi zaidisaab,
Motor speed control with s7 200 plc is better if you use micromaster 4.with micromaster 4 and s7 200 plc you can use USS protocol.with USS protocol you can easily control speed from SCADA and HMI.i have a sample programe s7 200 plc and micromaster 4 speed control from wincc flexible.if you need you tell me i will send you this programe.

Faisal can you tell me how we can control speed of ac motor with scada I am doing wonderware.little I know is that we should have analog module on PLC connected with vfd .but how we calibrate 4 20 ma from scada.please reply
Thanks

Hi zaidisaab,
The best way to control the speed of motor through VFD is use profibus.with profibus you do not need analog module.In the analog value like 4-20ma or 0-10v.you set reference like when 4ma its set frequency 0Hz and when 20ma its frequency is 50Hz or 100%.i have not experince with wonderware Scada.i use wincc flexible siemens HMI software.what plc you use,you tell me I will give you example.

Hi Zaidisaab,
S7 200 and altivar 12 vfd is two different company product.so if you use analog value you should be need analog module.which cpu you use? CPU 224Xp have two analog input and one analog output.
You watch this video this is about basic plc concept

[FONT=&quot]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E9W3ImIOW0 [/FONT]

Hi zaidisaab,
now i am living in pakistan.before 6 months i lived in saudi arabia.i will make video tutorial of plc,start with mitsubishi plc, afer that video i start siemens plc then i will make specially VFD and S7 200 and S7 300 Video then i will send you these videos.thanks

Last edited:
Hi Zaidisaab,
i make a video of Encoder use in mitsubishi plc.You watch this video and link of viedo below this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irTgNxbXD4&list=PLTKa7R8Ll5MwyqCu3yqKEsqUBW3JjDTHA
Thanks.Faisal