Closed loop motor speed control in Logix Designer V21

jds8086

So it looks like i am stuck with an old reliance DC drive on this project instead of the powerflex dc w/ 22-COMM-E. That being said i am trying to figure out the best way to control the speed of this drive. The drive/motor in question has no encoder feedback on the motor, but there is an encoder reading line speed on the cat unit that it powers. This encoder will tie back to a 1769-L30ER w/ a 1769-HSC card. I have recipes setup for different product (which has different line speeds), but i am not sure how to form the logic which will take the difference between the requested line speed and actual line speed then accelerate/decelerate the drive accordingly (with accel/decel rates, S-Curve etc). I have already worked out the encoder input to line speed conversion so i can relate the requested speed (in feet per minute) to the line speed. The drive will only ever run 1 direction and has a 0-10V input for speed reference.

What i have so far as far as line speed conversion. There is another drive that will be in the system but i think that end of it i can work out.
spdlog1.png

Last edited: