SPI Protocol

Blast from the past

SPI - Wow

That BUS was from the 1990's prior to the proliferation of Industrial Ethernet.

I believe SPI was a RS-485 multi node network for Plastics ancillary equipment like Portable Chillers, Multi-zone Hot runners, gravimetric blenders and such.

We used the 1771-SPI module to integrate all of those auxiliaries to be commanded by the host IMM, for recipe process set up, and alarming.

If I were in your shoes, I would discourage your client to avoid placing 2014 monies towards obsolete technology.

I would stay focused on how to achieve the desired task using 2014 technologies.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am here to get your opinions and suggestions on the project I am working on now. PLC : MICROLOGIX 1500 LRP I use a barcode scanner...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Please, I'm in need of TIA Portal v13 SP1 The V13 I saw can't open a Comfort panel HMI file. Can any one help? It will be much...
Replies
Views
I know this is not a PLC question, but can someone tell me where the -24vdc is in relationship to the IMM and the robot interface box? This...
Replies
Views
I am going to be interfacing a Fanuc robot to a Toshiba molding machine. Is it acceptable or good practice to use Ethernet between between the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a good website to learn about SPI drawings? It's my understanding these can be used as an alternative to using AutoCAD to make...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom