Spotting fake AB modules on eBay

My local distributor has nothing in stock any more and getting things from AB these days is fine if you can hold out to next summer.

November 8th of this year, got a quote/lead time for an upgrade project. Best date my A-B rep could indicate for availability was April 14th of 2022, and that was not a solid date.

What they said, is if I ordered it when I got the quote, I take a number and get in line for when it's available.

Who knows what it would be today?

About 3 weeks ago i bought 3 compactlogix 5069 series from an online seller, the company seems legit. Yes they were more expensive than from my distributors, but they have none for like 2-3 months.

I hope the PLCs are not fake..and have all features. The tracking says its coming from Malaysia. Not sure i like that?

I did buy some omron plc from the same company, havent tried them yet, but they look factory sealed. These came within a week.

I do not know what to look for once i recieve them. At that point i do not know if i care either because the job will be soon due.