Spread Spectrum Radio modem connection

piscis

Gentleman:

Could you please let us know if we need a Software Driver in order to modify a ladder logic program in a remote DirectLogic 205 PLC via Spread Spectrum Radio modem connection?

If a driver is not needed please let us know the steps for doing so.

Do we use Directnet of K-Sequence?
Do we connect to the DB25 or the RJ12 port on the Radio?
Do we need to use a NULL modem connector?
Do we choose a modem or a normal connection in DirectSoft 32

Thanks for your input

If your radio link is up and running, it should be transparent to the PLC and the DirectSoft programming software. Just configure the PLC link to the protocol and communications parameters and PC com port that you are using for the radio link, and it should all work fine.

Nice Picture Tom

Just wanted to say that I have gained some valuable insights from your posts here and your picture has now taken the mystery out of the man behind the wisdom.

I dont post alot here but, Im afraid if I posted my picture that it would scare the living hell out of most of the visiters here.

Regards,
Chris :D

Well shucks, pardner, it's mighty nice o' ya t' say thet. Mainly, I jist figgered Phil might be havin' a rodent problem on the site and my picher would hep scare the lil' rascals away. From yer post I guess you 'n me is in the same boat in the pulchritude department!