Square D Symax 4244 To PanelView+ via Kepware -- Advice?

antsrealm

Hi,

I am currently developing a HMI to replace an old screen that is no longer available to purchase. The plan is to connect the panel view to the square D processor (4224) via it's 422 port.

I was going to use the NR&D SC902 232-422 converter and then use kepware to manage the translation.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have seen it done before using a SPE04 card but in this case I wanted to go direct to the processor.

Any advice? I will be doing this in 2 days time and any info before I get dropped in it would be much appreciated.

I am not sure of anything at this stage.

Do I have the right adapter?

what is the pin out?

What driver should I use in kepware?

I will attempt to answer this myself however if someone has done this before it will save me a lot of time.

Thanks.

Are you required to use a Panelview? If not I would look into a Red Lion or some other HMI that will Intergrate directly with the PLC without other software being required.

Yeah red lion / proface entered my mind however the site standard is AB and eventually the PLC will also be upgraded to AB.

As it is the site uses kepware to allow them to use AB screens to talk to various other PLC's so they want to stick with that approach as opposed to using different hardware again.