SST-PB3-SLC to Beckhoff i/o mapping issues

Tspilly

I have an SLC 500 1747-L552 with one module, an SST-PB3-SLC. This is a Profibus module from Molex. This module goes to 3 Beckhoff BK3120s and 1 BC3100. There also 4 Micromaster Siemens VFDs in the network. There was an issue with the Profibus communication. While troubleshooting the issue, the profibus cable was removed from several modules, and power was cycled. The Beckhoff remote io has the correct LED indicator lights, however, the io mapping is now off on all Beckhoff modules except the first mapped remote io. There is another machine just like this one and we took the SST Profibus configuration and loaded it into the SST-PB3-SLC module with no change in mapping. Is there a way to map the io?

Hi. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by the text "the io mapping is now off on all Beckhoff modules except the first mapped remote io." What does io mapping is off mean? Powering off the SST-PB3-SLC should have no effect on the configuration. Make sure that the DIP SW settings for the Beckhoff Profibus field devices in the machine that works as expected is the same as in the equivalent devices on the system which is not working as expected.

For instance, an input is supposed to be I:1.13/0 but it is showing up on the input table in RsLogix 500 as I:1.0/8. All rotary address switches are set for the correct node address.

The mapping of Profibus IO data onto SLC I and O files is set in the configuration of SST-PB3-SLC. The only way I can think of this problem you have is happening is if the configuration of SST-PB3-SLC in the system that works as expected is different from the SST-PB3-SLC's configuration in the system which does not work as expected. I think the first step should be to double check this. Do you have the desired configuration data for the SST-PB3-SLC?

https://www.molex.com/webdocs/mysst/SST-PB3-SLC User Reference Guide.pdf#page=78

i would also look at youtube for example of the setup on M0 and M1 files for this card. The pdf is like 200 pages long so its a bit of a dry read. I see like 8-10 videos on this subject alone.

The problem was that we did not have the correct GSD files. When we uploaded the configuration without having the correct files the Mapping was not correct. We were able to obtain the original file, and this fixed the problem.