step 5 analog values

how to read analog input values in siemens step 5?
In other words if i want to know the analog input value from the program i always find analog values in DW but i don't know what to do to know this value.

Mohamed Metwally said:
how to read analog input values in siemens step 5?
In other words if i want to know the analog input value from the program i always find analog values in DW but i don't know what to do to know this value.
Please can u send me private messages for the answer

Hi Mohamed Metwally.

As far as I remember, there are two system function blocks, FB250 and FB251 for reading from and writing to analog i/o.
These blocks would take care of scaling as well.

Depends on plc 115 or 155 etc.

115 have in-built blocks the others don't.

however the peripheral word is set up as lowest 3 bits are not data but info bits

bit 0 = overflow, bit 1 = ident bit bit 2 = activity bit

bit 15 = sign bit

all the rest are the analog value

so

l pw 128

t Fw 200 (store sign & other bits)

slw3 (remove sign)

srw4 (then remove lower bits)

t fw202 store analog raw value

you can then use the bits in fw200 for sign & if required diagnostic bits
there are some differences betweeen U block & A/K range of cards
hope this helps

Yep Peter is was & even if it wasn't I would have said it was.
I'm getting old now so the grey matter is a bit slow anyway this thread is about as old as S5 lol