Step 7 help needed

I agree. The only thing i have ever found to grey out the specs is if i have made changes to a block and not saved them. If you save, the specs become illuminated (whether the online and offline code match or not) and if the code on and offline are the same, you can go online. If they aren't the same, when you try to view online it will tell you they're different and ask if you want to download to the CPU.

Having only unconditional calls does not affect this with my project.

GEOFRA

You just need to click on Network 1 mate and the 'monitoring' icon will be enabled.

I've noticed this before. If you just open OB1 sometimes the monitoring icon is greyed out.

Just try clicking on the network you want to monitor and you should be sorted.

As for monitoring more than one FC or FB at once, then, as was mentioned, on some of the PLC's if you try and monitor an FC while one is already being monitored (ie. an @ next to in in the Window menu) it will tell you that it needs to stop monitoring that FC before you can change over to monitor the new one.

The 318 and bigger will probably have enough ooomph to serve the required data back to the PC in order to monitor more than one block at a time.

Although, in all the PLC's I've had dealings with you can monitor in the Variable Table and an FC etc together without problems.

I think you can also monitor DB's in Data View whilst monitoring and FC but I'm not 100% on this...

JT