Step7 v5.3 SP3 and CPU 315-2 PN/DP (6ES7315-2EH13-0AB0)

Gromit

Hello

Can I use Step7 v5.3 SP3 with CPU 315-2 PN/DP (6ES7315-2EH13-0AB0) and 512k MMC.
It's a very new number.
Shall I need some updates for the Step7.
Shall I need a 2MB MMC for updating the CPU firmware?

Regards

Hi Gromit,

Yes you can use Step 7 v5.3 SP3. I have the same version and after an update of the hardware catalog the 6ES7315-2EH13-0AB0 is available with a firmware version V2.3.

Yes you can use Step7 V5.3 SP3 with this CPU, it requires HW catalog update (can be done via internet).
If you want to execute firmware update on this CPU, you need 4MB MMC card (6ES7 953-8LM11-0AA0).

Hello Gromit.

If the CPU is not in the hardware catalog, you can import it via the function "Options" .. "Install HW Updates".

You dont have to install a new firmware on the CPU, unless there is something important for you in the latest firmware revision.

Also, you can "probably" download using the older 315-PN part number. Step7 will warn you that the hardware is different but you can still download and it works.
This has worked for me in the past.

To Jay Wilson:

Yes, you are right in general case.

I have same problem and S7 5.3 SP3 refuse to download program to this CPU (I get warning, but after that I cant download).

Best regards.

Mr.Cube