STEP7 V5.4 Trial License

salah

Hello all members;

I have installed STEP7 V5.4 SP4 with trial license valid for 14 days. As soon as the validity expired can I renew the trial period again. If not how can I delete the trial license from my computer. The STEP7 V5.4 with the trial license has been installed under drive C. I have removed completely the STEP7 from my computer and I install it again but I still have the expired trial license installed in drive C and the simatic manager shows the following message: No Valid License Key Found .

Thanks alot for your help

With best regards

Salah

salah said:
Hello all members;

I have installed STEP7 V5.4 SP4 with trial license valid for 14 days. As soon as the validity expired can I renew the trial period again. If not how can I delete the trial license from my computer. The STEP7 V5.4 with the trial license has been installed under drive C Once you install it once it knows that it has been used for the amount of trial time. I have removed completely the STEP7 from my computer and I install it again but I still have the expired trial license installed in drive C and the simatic manager shows the following message: No Valid License Key Found .

Thanks alot for your help

With best regards

Salah
Since you did, technically you cannot use it anymore since the trial time has expired.
What may work (not sure if this can be posted here) is that you set your windows time and date back to lets say 2007 (or some time before the actual first install).
It may start working for you.

bkottaras said:
Since you did, technically you cannot use it anymore since the trial time has expired.
What may work (not sure if this can be posted here) is that you set your windows time and date back to lets say 2007 (or some time before the actual first install).

LOL... I tried that before :) but at that time they had two conditions you could run the software for the time (14days) or open it 50 times either would lock you out, I ended up buy the software

If you had a ghost of your PC before you installed it you could reload the img file then you have 14 more days to play :)

The key is in your system files, you could delete them but you are taking a chance that your PC would not work...

bkottaras said:

Siemens are smart. Their trial period is not based on the system clock, as most Rockwell and Intouch products.

trial version

yes , once the trial period is over , you can not use it .Even after removing the licence and uninstalling the step 7.This is allowed to run on a computer once only.
I installed windowsXP again on my computer and then it worked.
But everytime unistalling and installing windows is not advisable.
But when you use such trail software you can try by changing the time of computer , not after time is expired.