steper motor with step 7

harrydeharry

Dear All,
I wish to use on stepper motor in my line to rotate a object by one and half round. object is round like a disk and weight is approx 10 gram. Which card is used for the purpose in Step 7 and If some one send any sample of program it will be a great help.
Regards
Harry

Dear All,
I wish to use on stepper motor in my line to rotate a object by one and half round. object is round like a disk and weight is approx 10 gram. Which card is used for the purpose in Step 7 and If some one send any sample of program it will be a great help.
Regards
Harry
Instead of buying all the hardware (stepper, driver board and Siemens module) you'll be better off using a stand alone low end servo system controlled by the PLC digital I/O.
You'll have to write a bit of code for the servo controller/motion but that's about it.