Stepping up to Studio - Multiple AOI help

atomic10

G'day Gents,

Been given an opportunity to play with Logix designer and a Compactlogix controller to learn a bit more about Ethernet/IP CIP devices. Normally play with Micrologix PLC's so steep learning curve.

Playing with some EDS files and some AOI from Phoenix Contact
https://www.phoenixcontact.com/online/portal/au/?uri=pxc-oc-itemdetail:pid=2907074&library=auen&pcck=P-22-07-07-01-01&tab=1&selectedCategory=ALL

Was a walk in the park. Added the module, inserted the AOI rung to read the data from the UPS module, configure the IP address and away she goes. All too easy.

Now if I wanted to add a second rung with the same AOI for a second UPS module, I assume that it would overwrite the variables from the first rung.
Is there a way to duplicate an AOI to make a unique set of variables?

You would use the same AOI and change the PLC tags each AOI references.
For instance, AOI #1 would use tags 1A, 1B, 1C for it's inputs and output to 1D.
AOI #2 would use 2A, 2B,2C for the inputs and output to 2D.

Bubba.

Cheers for the reply Bubba. I thought as much, but was wanting to make sure that there wasn't some auto incrementing system built in or something.

Having to erase some of my habits from RSLogix to work in Studio. She is a whole different beast.