STL - Boolean pointer looping

davidsk2001

Hi all, i'm working with STL code following case.

STL will continuously loop to check the condition of an array of boolean (Array[0..99] of Boolean). It will detect boolean is ON or OFF only. If condition is ON, then run a timer; if condition is OFF, then loop the pointer.

1. How do I check boolean value with pointer?
2. How do I restart pointer once it reach 99?

Thank you so much for helping me out

Siemens Step 7.

I had manage to get this. But I can't get access status from my array of boolean.
L P#DBX 0.0
LAR1

L MW 2 //Check pointer below 100
L 100
>=I
JC ST02

A [AR1,P#0.0]
L S5T#2S
SD T 1
JNB ST01

A T 1
JNB ST02
L MW 2
L 1
+I
T MW 2
+AR1

ST01: L MW 2
L 1
+I
T MW 2
+AR1

ST02: NOP 0

Step 7 is just the brand name for the Siemens PLC programming package. It comes in two flavors: V13/TIA Portal or v5.5/Simatic Manager.

Sorry. it is simatic manager V5.5.

i don't know the answer,only question

if the few bool [ ] is ON what happen to the timer ON

If few bool[] is on, then it will run the delay timer and jump next bool[n+1] once delay timer is reach.

if bool[] is off, then it will skip the delay timer and jump next bool[n+1]

If few bool[] is on, then it will run the delay timer and jump next bool[n+1] once delay timer is reach.

if bool[] is off, then it will skip the delay timer and jump next bool[n+1]

You need to be more specific - what exactly is a "few"?

if bool [3] is ON and bool[4] is ON and bool[6] is ON timer starting/complete ,then jump to bool[5] and bool[7] ?

what will happen if previous bool repeat the process ?

what source triggering the bool ,are the triggering step by step or randomly.

if bool [3] is ON and bool[4] is ON and bool[6] is ON timer starting/complete ,then jump to bool[5] and bool[7] ?

what will happen if previous bool repeat the process ?

what source triggering the bool ,are the triggering step by step or randomly.

For example:
bool[3] is ON, bool[4] is ON, bool[5] is OFF.

when detect bool[0] = OFF, pointer will go to bool[1] without delay timer.

it will run until bool[3] where is ON. then bool[3] will wait for delay timer to complete and go to bool[4]. bool[4] = ON, then it will also wait for delay timer to complete and go to bool[5]. bool[5] = OFF, then skip delay timer and go to bool[6] and go on.

it will keep on looping the array until bool[] go OFF.

The source trigger the bool will be trigger randomly by external code.

Last edited:
You need to be more specific - what exactly is a "few"?

For example:

it will run until bool[3] where is ON. then bool[3] will wait for delay timer to complete and go to bool[4]. bool[4] = ON, then it will also wait for delay timer to complete and go to bool[5]. bool[5] = OFF, then skip delay timer and go to bool[6] and go on.

Code your application completely for 3 bools, and post the code as an archived library. We can then see how to expand it for 100 bools

For example:

What about drawing a good, old flowchart? With a pencil.

Kalle

What about drawing a good, old flowchart? With a pencil.

Kalle

Thank for the suggestion. Hereby I attach the flow chart for the whole idea. Hope everyone can understand for more.

2zxz6o1.jpg