strip heaters Fuse or breaker

@ The OP

You need to be using semiconductor fuses to protect your SSR's. Normaly fust even a fast acting is not fast enough to protect the SSR from a fault. Most SSR manufactures spec several fuses that should be use with the corresponding model.

I use watlow here and they have a fuse spec for each SSR size.

As OkiePC said you need a shunt trip or mechanical contactor ahead of each SSR or zoned that will open on a shorted SSR. many higher end SSR have built in short notification adn the TC can be used for this by setting limts based on rate of change in temp Vs time and by detecting current after SSR and comparing with control signal for SSR.

Similar Topics

No trivial trains and tunnels this time! This is an actual problem that was solved about 20 years ago by one of our engineers. The goal is to...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts; Good day. I have strip chart OPC version 1.4.1.6. I have RSLOGIX version 13 to 309Studio 5000). I have RSLINK LITE version 4.0...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what everyone uses for terminal strip labels? We have an old Roland DXY-1150 plotter with ACS (Murrplastik) software that...
Replies
Views
What is a good method to take a floating point number and strip off the numbers to the right of the decimal so they can be use in a compare...
Replies
Views
Dears I have cold roll coil and need to control it after rewinding using any analog sensor to detect edge position and then send its signal to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom