"Stripped-down" data for PView download?

DairyBoy

Hi All. I came across an unuseable PV upload the other day, but the site had the original version so I did the mods that they wanted, but come download time and panelbuilder told me that the file was too large for the terminal's memory, but if it was stripped of upload data, it would fit. Thing is, there didn't appear to be any info as to how this trick could be acheived. Would a memory card fitted to the PV allow for a greater sized project? There are a few PVs on this site and one has a card. This PV is configured to read from the card on power-up (I guess this also implies the same, following each fresh download) and so it keeps reverting to the old values. How do I save the current values to a resident card? Sorry it's a long one, just trying to cover it all in one hit. Thanks.

See Pic:
And PDF

The memory card is not going to increase the memory of your PV

DownLoadtoMemoryCard.jpg

When you download, I think you are given the option to send/not send upload information. If you don't send it, the app will still run, but cannot be uploaded later.

Other ways to shrink the application are: remove bitmaps, unused objects, unused tags, and unused text objects.

To remove bitmaps, go to File, Import/Export Graphics to see a list of currently loaded bitmaps. Only imported bitmaps can be deleted. Standard symbols will have the delete button greyed out.

Text objects are often left behind unused. Open the Text Editor and sort by count. Delete text items with a zero count.

In the tag editor, you have to select each tag one at a time and press SHIFT + CTRL + T (or use the right clikc menu) to find out if they're used.

Hope this helps...