Structured text Studio 5000

mvdven

Hello,

I setup a Studio 5000 project, with a Guardlogix 1756 controller. I want to program an Add-On instruction in Structured Text, all other routines are ladder. In de dropdown list I can only choose ladder. How can i enable the Structured Text? (I dont use the safety program, just normal tasks)

Sincerely,

Marc vd Ven

What version of Studio 5000 do you have. Structured Text is only available with certain versions or can be purchased separately.

What you need to see is the version. Is it Standard or Full (perhaps it's called professional).

The Standard license only allows you to use ladder which is infuriating for the price it costs. If you have this one, you can buy the ST and FBD editors separately and install them.

The Full license should have all of the languages installed. I believe that from the Factory Activation software you can see which you have.

I have professional licence. Ik upgraded it last week from standard to professional, Maybe I have to activate or enable the other language options?

I have a memory that if you are trying to create a safety AOI you can only use the ladder instructions as these have been tested an certified, I'll boot my VM up and look now

Yes I know with safety AOI only ladder is available, but with the normal tasks I should be able to choose the other languages (like the second screenshot of Raffles), but I cant. I also checked the installation and all of the designer components are installed. Anyone further ideas?

I checked the licence again. Apparently I still have the standard version of Studio5000 with a separate Safety licence. Thanks for helping!