Studio 5000 , and Factorytalk View no longer opens up after version 32 installed

Cydog

Good Evening ,

About 2 weeks ago I installed Studio 5000 version 32 on a Windows 7 laptop. Everything opened well after I installed it,but
it was never shut down , just hibernated .

Today I powered up the laptop and Studio 5000 , RS Logix 5000 , and FactoryTalk View will not open. The banner or splash screen will show for about 3-5 minutes and disappear but the software will never open. RS Logix 500 opens up fine.

Have any of you had this issue before ? Is the installation of Studio 5000 version 32 causing something to happen ? I'm glad I found this today before a plant startup on Tuesday.

Thanks so much . Have a great weekend.

I have had this when the license was not present and the grace period license had expired. When you open Studio it looks for the license, and if it finds one will stay open and working until it is closed (which could be months) RSL5 and RSL500 do the same thing.

No popup or warning - just closes when there's no active license.

Check FTAM and see if the license's are there. It could have set grace period license's that have expired.

I have had this when the license was not present and the grace period license had expired. When you open Studio it looks for the license, and if it finds one will stay open and working until it is closed (which could be months) RSL5 and RSL500 do the same thing.

No popup or warning - just closes when there's no active license.

Check FTAM and see if the license's are there. It could have set grace period license's that have expired.

+1 on that

When I installed V32 it told me that my license server was too old and needed to be upgraded. I am in my 7 day grace period.

I am hesitant to do an upgrade while our mill is running since license server versioning could affect our FT View system.

I may end up creating a new license server, with the FT view left on the 'old' server so that they are not affected, then migrate all of the programming licenses to the new and upgraded server.

Thanks for the suggestions,

For some reason , I powered up the laptop yesterday morning , went to open
open RS Logix 5000 , Studio 5000 and Factorytalk View Studio , and everything opened up fine this time . Go figure . I have no idea why it is working now .

Thanks for the suggestions,

For some reason , I powered up the laptop yesterday morning , went to open
open RS Logix 5000 , Studio 5000 and Factorytalk View Studio , and everything opened up fine this time . Go figure . I have no idea why it is working now .

Probably just a thing with the restart not happening rather than licensing.

Or, that reboot didn't start a background Windows service needed for FTAM.

I have had that happen, but get a popup that FactoryTalk service could not be started on Windows 10, maybe 7 doesn't give that popup.