Studio 5000 <> ArmorStart Issues (EDS Files?)

RobS7650

Hello All,
I am hoping for some help. I have a 1756-L84ES which must communicate with an ArmorStart 281-F12S-10B (Series A, Rev. 2.1). Typically I would expect to be able to connect to the PLC (Studio 5000 v 32.013) and then on to the ArmorStart, then by double clicking I would be able to navigate its status and view its parameters. My colleagues on the same job can do this. However I cannot.

I am developing in a Windows 10 VM, and using a USB C to Ethernet convertor, which allows me to connect to the PLC.

The "General" Page of the ArmorStart settings has this warning at the bottom:
"You must go online with this module profile to ensure the controller and ArmorStart configurations are consistent with each other."

The "Parameters" tab warning is:
"Path specified invalid or ArmorStart not responding."

If I can provide any additional information please let me know.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Is your PC on the same actually IP network as the PLC and the ArmorStarts, or are you routing through a ControlLogix backplane ?

Generally, connection timeouts are exactly that: failure to connect over Ethernet. They mean the target device isn't connected to the network, or isn't configured correctly.

One common problem is when the ControlLogix is configured correctly with a Default Gateway that lets it talk to a device that is not really on its network; maybe there's a router or VPN involved. But maybe whoever configured the I/O device omitted the default gateway setting.

I always start with PING, then move to using PowerShell and the "tnc [IP address] -p 44818" command, then use RSLinx to be sure that the devices on the network can communicate directly with my PC.

Solved!
At least for this case it worked with this:

1.- I was trying to communicate with the ArmorStart only with the 24 VCD on, but not the 480 AC. This is the reason of the "Path specified invalid or ArmorStart not responding."

2.- There was a logic for the Armor Starter device loaded in the PLC but not in the ArmorStart itself yet.

So, to fix this turn the 480 AC ON, wait for a couple of minutes and then go to the PLC program and open the Armor Starter properties, a message will come up saying there are differences between the PLC Program and the ArmorStart configuration and will ask if you want to download or upload the logic to/from the Armor Starter, in my case download the logic previously set in the PLC to the device.
And this is it!!

(IP conf, was set since the beginning).

Hope this help someone else!!

SAlu2.