Studio 5000- Changing a projects Revision to Ver. 28 from 29.

Good Afternoon ,

I have a Studio 5000 project that I would like to change from version 29 to version 28. I know how to use ControlFlash , and change my controller , but I thought I could go into the my PLC project Controller / Project and simply change it while it was offline .

What could I be missing ?

Thanks so much in advance,

There is no direct way to go back.
The only way is to use L5K export.

it should be a technote in the knowledgebase explaining the process.

1. To export, use File ==> Save As and change the file type to the .L5K format.
2. Open the L5k in a text editor. Notepad is fine.
3. Look for the line IE_VER (Line 12 or so)
4. Change the number from 2.20 to 2.19
5. Save and close the file
6. Open Studio 5000 and open the L5K file
7. This will show an import screen (Save as I think). Importing the L5K will create a new .ACD file. Make sure to change the version to 28 in that import screen.

If there are any errors in the import you will see it displayed in the results window. An error will list a line number where the error occurred. That corresponds with the line number in Notepad.

OG

1. To export, use File ==> Save As and change the file type to the .L5K format.
2. Open the L5k in a text editor. Notepad is fine.
3. Look for the line IE_VER (Line 12 or so)
4. Change the number from 2.20 to 2.19
5. Save and close the file
6. Open Studio 5000 and open the L5K file
7. This will show an import screen (Save as I think). Importing the L5K will create a new .ACD file. Make sure to change the version to 28 in that import screen.

If there are any errors in the import you will see it displayed in the results window. An error will list a line number where the error occurred. That corresponds with the line number in Notepad.

OG
What he said! I like notepad+ to do these things but either will work.