Studio 5000 Logix Designer Hang

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I hardly ever use Studio 5000 Logix Designer and when I tried to open a project today it just hung at the splash screen.

Has anyone experienced this before and maybe have a solution?

Oh yeah. The common things:
  • Set Windows UAC at minimum
  • Run launcher and/or Studio5000 as administrator
  • Disable the start page (requires registry edit when it doesn't launch)
  • Open on your local disk rather than a network

What is the memory footprint in the task manager? I remember some tech notes saying that if it hangs with ~10MB of memory (should be a lot higher) there was some specific things going on, I'll try to find it if this is what you see.