Studio 5000 Totalizer?

Dodgers818

Good morning,

I have a flow meter that that has an output with is a pulse. The pulse is configured to 378.541 liters per pulse.

My question is, do I just count the pulse per hour and multiply by 378.541 to get liters per hour based on the number of pulses?

What about the K-factor of 1.1918 and its relevance?

Thank you in advance.

I suggest you post this in the main Q&A as not many people look at the practice posts, something does not sound right 378.541 litres a pulse seems very odd, normally it's pulses per litre so you get better accuracy, also the K factor on all the ones I have used is the number of pulses for a given measurement for example A burkert paddle wheel comes with a proposed factor for example K = 56.45 pulses per litre for a 1.5 inch bore so you read the pulses & divide by 56.45 gives you 1 litre in volume, however, for flowrate then it will depend on the update time you want i.e. sample rate so if you want litres per hour.
State the flowmeter type & manufacturer, some are inteligent so you can program them as the number of pulses per litre, pulses per gallon etc.
some have an analogue output as well for flowrate.

There's nothing odd about 378.541 liters. It's 100 US gallons. Each pulse represents 100 gallons.
If you want liters per hour, measure the time between pulses and divide 378.541 by the fraction of an hour between each pulse. For example, if you get 10 seconds between pulses, that's 0.0027778 hours and your average flow rate over the previous 10 seconds was 136273.67 liters per hour (36000 gallons per hour).

So my logic is:

1) counting pulses for one hour
2) multiplying the pulse counts by 378.541 = A (liters/hour)
3) multiply A (liters/hour) by 0.264172 = B (gallons/hour)
4) divide B (gallons/hour) by 1.1918 (meter K-factor) = gallons/hour totalizer

How does that look, correct?