Success

The Plc Kid

All

Many of you know that I have been a forum member since 2009.

I got into Automation as I did electrical work with my grandfather since I was very young. I lost my Father when I was 14 so when I was 15 I got a job changing oil at the quick tune to help out as my Mother was on Disability and that is not much income.

At 16 I got a part time job at an manufacturing plant while I was still in High School and I have been in Automation since.

Since High School I have been working full time as well as being a full time student working on my EE degree.

I am happy to report that I succeeded in acomplishing my goal of getting my EE Degree. I graduated May 2nd 2015 with my BSEE.

I made the Deans List every year of College and can't wait for the next challenge.

I have already registered for summer classes and will be working toward my MSECE next.

From my first Post here in early 2009 Still in High School to now I have went from living with my Mother and Sister without power for weeks at a time a couple times and not knowing where our next meal would come from to being the Corporate Electrical Engineering Manager making 6 figures.

In addition to obtaining my BSEE As I approach my 24th Birthday in a few days I have purchased and paid for a brand new new home for my Mother and Sister with my side Business doing Automation and IT work. Mostly doing Automation Network Design and IT Integrations.

I have also obtained my Georgia State Electrical Contractors License which has helped my small business grow being able to do turn key jobs.

This has been very rough the last few years and so many times I wanted to give up and quit.

So many times I wanted to throw in the towel but people here always helped me and encouraged me in the public forum and many by PM.

I wanted to take a moment to give a very sincere Thank You to all those who have helped me, Advised me and encouraged me.

I don't think many of you really understand what a huge impact you have had on my life with your help and advice but you did.

I dedicate a large part of my sucess to this Forum and it's members.

I hope now I can begin to pay forward much of the knowledge that was shared with me on this forum.

I could not have done it without you.

I Thank You and my Family Thanks You.

Some of my First Green Posts in 2009 for a good laugh

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=46725

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=48565

Congratulations Kid, you're a credit to humanity (y)

Best of luck with your future studies, it's good to know that when the likes of Lancie and George eventually move on we've got young blood here to carry the baton 👨🏻‍🏫

Congratulations !!!

May I Suggest that for your next challenge you take the state Field Engineer exam. That is a prelude to becoming a professional engineer. The only downside is that you must work under a pe to get to take the exam.

regards,
james

Congrats Kid, many have learned from you just as you have from them. You've been contributing along your journey, so you've being paying dues as you went!

Things get hard in life, but its a test of character and a sign of personal strength. I'll by you a round from-a-far!

Quite frankly, I'd say you're kicking-***. You will be extremely successful given your youth and drive. I am envious of your knowledge that you have already, you'll be hugely successful. Just don't stop learning, and always mentor. A lot of people will learn a lot from you during the rest of your career, hope I continue to be one of them!

Paul

Congratulations !!!

May I Suggest that for your next challenge you take the state Field Engineer exam. That is a prelude to becoming a professional engineer. The only downside is that you must work under a pe to get to take the exam.

regards,
james

You read my mind James. Georgia has their FE as a CBT test now so they offer it year round. We have a Pearson VUE test center here in Atlanta and I am scheduled for it June 8th. Finishing a project this week and a Graduation Vacation next week and RS Tech Ed the next week so June 8th was the best I could squeeze it in.

I did the prep class about a month ago and blew right through it and they say if you do well in the prep class you will ace the exam.

I like the Pearson VUE testing format. I have done about 10 IT certs at that center already. I did my Cisco CCNP and my Microsoft MCSE and VmWare VCP-DCV there also.

Wow…

I have been reading your posts, and replies since 2009. Your moniker implies youth, but all of your posts, and replies always struck me as you being a long term industrial controls veteran.

I could detect that you work in a serious, hi-demand, max-uptime manufacturing environment. You always impress me with your succinct, professional, and relevant informative information.

Over the internet, reading text and posts, we are often just guessing, and painting visual images in our heads, who the other person on the other end may be?

Now that you have shared your personal background, and the college degree milestone, challenging path, and sacrifices, to obtain it….. I am humbled.

I am proud of you.

awesome story. I have been reading your posts for a long time. you are as much of an asset to the community as it has been to you.

Congratulation!
You deserve it and I hope and pray that your whole family is Blessed by your dedication and generosity.

Congratulations Kid!!!!(y)

I will echo the comments above, and wish you all the best in your future endeavors and education.

You have been, and are a valuable member of the Forum.

Stu....

Congratulations!(y)

I know of others who were in situations that sound a lot like yours and didn't make it. That you have stuck it out and prevailed is an accomplishment few can truly appreciate.

I have always enjoyed your posts and indeed, they show wisdom far beyond your years.

Keep of the good work.
:site:

Congratulations PLC Kid or should we start calling you PLC MAN instead. A better way to motivate my student than your story might be hard to find. Go on with the good work. And yes, you're as welcome as ever to continue helping others as you have done so many times in the past already. This kind of stories is what we're all here for!

Hey Kid,
I realize we've never spoken or met on here, but I just want to say that I am a 44 year old busted up Army veteran and maintenance tech, but I hold a higher regard for you and those alike because you have drive, will, tenacity, and most of all....courage.

I applaud you for being so young yet so mindful of where you're going. And I'm willing to bet most of that drive comes from struggling in the latter years.

You're an inspiration to me Kid because I am now learning to program PLCs and its kinda tough from an old dude set in his ways.

Last edited: