Sütron BT22 Comm Problems

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Gentlemen,

So we have numerous eddy current machines with these HMI panels on them. The one that failed on me is about 13+yrs old.

I've not worked on these before this occurance, but apparently my boss has when he was in my shoes. We have backups of some of the machines, but not the one that died.... (surprise, surprise).

I decided tonight that I would pull the Eprom from the dead screen and install it in one of our same generation screens that was still working to see if it would boot and I could upload the program from it.

Problem now is that I cannot for the life of me find the right communication settings, I tried the defaults, and then variations of other common ones at all different speeds and I am SOL so far.

Does anyone have any tricks for analyzing serial communications if your in my boat, or perhaps have any experience with these HMI's?

Thanks in advance