TCP data transfer between 2 Siemens PLC's on different subnets?

russg

Hi,

If we have PLCs on different subnets is it possible to do TCP comms data transfer between them? I'm assuming if we use a routing switch and add that into the PLC network ports router set up it will see the PLC and data will transfer?

Thanks

Wouldn't the PLC be dumb as to where and what stands between itself and the other PLC? Shouldn't routing be enough to transfer the data from one to the other?

as long as the network is set up correctly (PLCs have gateways assigned, etc) should work fine.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a project where I need to use a CLX to communicate with a 3rd party device that exchanges data via XML formatted commands and HTTP...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have to do data transfer over TCP/IP between SCL5/05 and a CMM. I have not handeled Ethernet data transfer befor. Could anybody let me...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm trying to setup a TCP connection from a Compactlogix 5069-L306ER to a TDI checkweigher to receive real-time weight data of the...
Replies
Views
I am working on a project, inside an AB CLX, I implemented the Modbus TCP Client AOI published on AB website, to interreact with a Modbus ASCII...
Replies
Views
I've got 16-bit data at address 40200 on a Schneider Scapack 350. I can grab the data over Modbus TCP using Kepware at IP 172.16.1.100. When I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom