TCP SmartScreen MMS

Alan64

Hello,
I've troubles with Olds MMS SmartScreen .
As it not possible to get it repaired
icon9.gif
, I would like to replace by other product(s) .

My question is to know if possible to convert the TCP SmartScreen Projects (filename.a) to another Fanuc format like QuikPanel or other products (I'm thinking about Parker CTC or RSview..).

My concern is to prevent rewriting the application
icon12.gif
. As the actual application is very complicate (animations , a lot of screens ...) I would like to save time using some 'compatible products'

Thanks for your help

Alan,

I hate to tell you this, but, there is no conversion. I went from Smartscreen to Quickpanel. When I did it, I tried to leave the screens as close to the old "look" as possible to avoid operator problems. I did have to change some things, but very few. But, to extend your time, if it is only the CRT (or its components), there is an aftermarket company that replaced the CRT for me. I can dig around if you want, but since the company that I worked for with the Smartscreens is no longer in business, it will be Internet looking.

George

George,

In 200-2001 I did convert the CRT's to TFT on all the installed units (4) using TCP convertion kits .I do not have troubles with the crt's any more from that time.
Now I've troubles with the CPU Units . I did repair one replacing the power supply (standard 5VDC 10Amp from Lambda) but I have other problems with cpu cards
icon8.gif
... and the faulty one comes from a very critical machine . Temporarily I use a spare unit in order to run the machine waiting for a solution.
I realy need to find a quick solution.

I do not know the QuikPanel unit. Did you spend a lot of time to convert your TCP application to quickpanel and did you get problems to find equivalent objects like animated objects ?

Alan

Alan,

When I converted units, I actually had units from a line we had shut down. So, it wasn't something I had to do right away. I did it as I had time. It doesn't have to be Quickpanel. I did one conversion using Intellution FIX. Usually once you find subs for odd symbols or icons, it goes much faster. What PLC are you using?

George

George,
I Use AB PLC5/30 . Link between Screen and PLC is RIO.
The SmartScreen has a dedicated RIO Card in its Rack.
As the screens require a lot of informations, the PLC uses Block Transfert to send Integer files to the screens (to control the graphics).
Also , Discrete Adressing is used to get P/B status or to control P/L .I think it's to speed up the communication between PLC and Screen because Block transfert are a bit slower.

Do you think that IPC and RSView could be a solution or QuikPanel faster to setup

Alan

Alan,

I haven't used the IPC or RSview. If you are more familiar with those packages, usually the switch over is much faster.

George