telemecanique twido

dean fadial

Hi, i'm working on an already written plc program using twido that controls speed of a drive through an hmi (magelis). unfortunately, no documentation were developed with it. Now i like to add speed option to the drive using using a selector switch wit three positions for three different speeds.
i know how to program these inputs and outputs, however, i'm not sure where to program these speed word in the existing ladder progarm. the three speed are 1000, 2000 and 3000 for example. today these speed are being selected through the hmi. i hope my question is clear enough.
Please let me know if you can you help? dean

Is there a particular reason why using the Magellis HMI is not an acceptable way to select the speeds?

I ask because its sometimes easier to modify the HMI than the PLC.

I am bored.....

Have a look in your HMI and determine what word is used for the speed. Hopefully there is no fancy logic or scaling in the HMI so that if you write 1000 to the word adress this is read as 1000 in the PLC.

In your PLC add three ladder rungs one for each input. Add a contact for the input in each rung then add an Operator Block where you assign the correct speed depending on the input. Input 1 Operate %MW99 := 1000

Now of course It is not possible to change the speed from the HMI. If you still require to do so you will need a bit in the above rungs to select if the speed shall be set by the HMI or the switch.

In your PLC add three ladder rungs one for each input. Add a contact for the input in each rung then add an Operator Block where you assign the correct speed depending on the input. Input 1 Operate %MW99 := 1000

Now of course It is not possible to change the speed from the HMI. If you still require to do so you will need a bit in the above rungs to select if the speed shall be set by the HMI or the switch.
If you used a rising edge on the inputs then the the speed could be set from either buttons or hmi. Pressing a button loads a speed or typing into the hmi sets the value.

It sounds to me that the twido is only selecting preset speeds and not an analogue input to the drive. Is this the case?

Hi,

i think i have a similar problem. When i set hmi switch to write to Ix.y.z input on plc, it returns 'error, attempted write operation to readonly'. If i set it to MW, i get error 01h. plc is already programmed (modbus connection to altivar71), and i have to use ethernet communication between hmi and plc. I'm using following devices (schneider electric):
1. HMI (Magelis XBT GT4330 7.5")
2. Twido PLC (TWDLCAE40DRF)

Is there any example with the same/similar devices?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated. Please be nice, this is the first time i'm working with this equipment :)