Thanks PLCS.net

milmat1

I have been a field tech. For a machine company for 9yrs. After our controls engr. quit on us i was thrown in to the fire.
They brought me from the road, And gave the engineers job. Well this all sounded good but i had no experience in this field. I had a srtong electrical / electronics background, But i never programmed a PLC /HMI in my life. So the last three months or so i have been in super learn mode.
Then they told me "Oh By The Way" We just sold a 39 AXIS servo-Setup machine, Figure that out as well! And i had 6 weeks or so. I started getting classes lined up and got in bed with GE-Fanuc.....
With my constant digging on the net for information i ran accross PLCS.net.

You guy's have been great ! There is a ton of real world experience and information available here that is not available in any class.

Welcome to an incredibly interesting and facinating but at times confusing and frustrating experience. You may as well line up a hair transplant service (note my picture). I may not be able to help much (that PLC and the servos are not my strong suit) but you're right. There are experts from the whole world who look in here, as you have seen. Have fun!

You guy's have been great ! There is a ton of real world experience and information available here ..
You are right ..

I also have to say thanks to PLCs.net and thanks to all the members that make people thank PLCs.net

I only 2 years experience (Electrical engineer), But because of being here, I feel that I have many extra years of experience added to my actual years of experience .. And it's true .. I saw that in my interviewers eyes, in my clients eyes, in my trainees (yes trainees!) eyes, actually in their words also.

I'm also trying to help anybody here as many people here helped me many times.

So thanks PLCs.net :site:

39 axes! Holy cow!
I do not envy you that task

Bernie is right, your hair will disapear, as has mine

Good luck, your in the right place here

Rod (The CNC Dude)

Big project, but....

Rod said:
39 axes! Holy cow!
I do not envy you that task
Rod (The CNC Dude)

I have customers that do that all the time. Many consider it opportunity and there is nothing quite like watching it run when its done. It isn't the number of axes that make a job challenging. It is the complexity of the motion profiles and poorly designed systems that make the jobs challenging. A well designed system, a little training, good training, a well designed, and a good motion controller makes the job easy.

Now if milmat1 is designing the system that is another matter.