The use of PLC in industrial automation

hmmmmmmmmmmmm........Pratchett?..... Pratchett?

noooo...., I don't think so..... Who's Pratchett?

Is there a cute little story in there somewhere?

Terry Pratchett is a british author who has written series of books along the lines of "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy". They parody the fantasy genre and have hilarious insights into human nature.

DCS

DCS is just PLCs communicating,
PLC are more expensive in small systems.
PLC´s should be redundat.
PLC´s are more expensive if they fail.
The process if expensive is better a PLC than relays.
The wiring is expensive in relays
In relays you dont pay the developer´s software.
In PLC the troubles are in the literature.
Don´t you think?

Rick,

In my more serious writings, I have been accused of having a style similar to William Faulkner - heavy but light, sorta - kinda like one of my all-time favorite bands, Iron Butterfly.

In-a-gad-a-da-vi-da Baby! Don't you know that I love You?
In-a-gad-a-da-vi-da Baby! Don't you know that I'll always be True?

C'mon... hum the tune... now, go to that great drum solo! YOOOOOOWWWWW!

I'll have to give Pratchett a try... sounds like my kinda guy... then I'll have 4 books I'm reading concurrently.

Damn Lefty!

I thought the closest thing to "42" (the answer to "Why we are.") that you knew about was "40"... as in "Back-40".

Well, Terry ole pardner, I been tryin' fer years ta convince folks I ain't as dumb as I look. Mebbe it's true? (Or mebbe I COULDN'T be as dumb as I look!)

forty two

If you got enough PLC's and DSC's (whatever they are!) and wired them all together in a carefully pre-ordained manner you could get the LED's on the front to spell 42.

And the meaning.... None that I know of, but who cares

Steve Case.

PLC ?

I see no disadvantages in using a PLC, it can only help. The advantages are countless. The disadvantages will not come from the use of a PLC, those will come from the engineer who decides where and how to use the PLC. As said in another post, OVERKILL is very common.
Misuse is another problem but there again it isn't the fault of the PLC. Usually from an engineer that hasn't done his homework and is trying to justify his job.

PLC ?

I see no disadvantages in using a PLC, it can only help. The advantages are countless. The disadvantages will not come from the use of a PLC, those will come from the engineer who decides where and how to use the PLC. As said in another post, OVERKILL is very common.
Misuse is another problem but there again it isn't the fault of the PLC. Usually from an engineer that hasen't done his homework and is trying to justify his job.