TI 545 question

Chance85

Hello
Has anyone experienced this before? I have a TI545 (1101) that will not accept forces. When I download a small test program with Softshop the following is displayed for quite a while before the download is complete, "Writing forced C data type". Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

Hello

Downloading a program to a TI plc takes a lot of time in general compared for example to a S7 system.
The message that you get is part of the downloading process that means if the program was completely saved before from a TI plc(in this situation a 545-1101) and there was discrete I/O forced at that time they also will be forced when the program is loaded again en before that the memory of the PLC was cleared.

I assume that your are connected serially to the 545?
Download time depends in that situation also on the baud rate of the connection.(baud rate can be adjusted with the dipswitches at the front of the 545).

What version of softshop are you using?

Best is to make use the latest version of workshop(Softshop was the siemens name for workshop).
Take a look at http://www.fast-soft.com/page.php?20
You can also download a demo version of workshop 4.32 at their site and if you now have a softshop key for your pc it can also be upgrade for use with workshop.

I remember that we upgrade from the dos based Tisoft to Softshop V3.6 and found that searching in the program took a lot more time then with Tisoft.
Also there were a lot of bugs in the software.

Now with the latest version of workshop a lot of these bugs have been fixed so perhaps if you try downloading with this version the process would be faster?

Instead of downloading the complete program every time you can also make use of the option
“load by parts” where you can choose the items separately that you want to download.

Regards
Henny

Thanks for the reply. I think this processor my have some issues.
It was sent to me from another department to test, The person that pulled it said that the I/O would not update (i.e no inputs or outputs worked and it would not accept forces). I saved the program then cleared the memory, also pulled the battery. Went back online with the processor, read my I/O base, created a small test program (1st rung, 1 input, 1 output. 2nd rung, end instruction). While downloading, everything goes fine until I get "Writing forced C data type", then it seems to hang up for a while (3 or 4 minutes). Eventually the download will complete, I/O updating properly now but I can't force any of the I/O.
When I use this same test on another CPU all goes well. So I'm thinking its time to send it out for repair.
Does anyone know where I might find an electronic copy of the TI545 1101 processor manual, I have a couple of 545 manuals but none for the 1101. I think its titled TI545-System manual PX:545-8101-x

Hello

Here you can find everything about the 555
http://www2.sea.siemens.com/Products/Automation/Programmable-Controllers/Programmable-Controllers-SIMATIC-505-Manuals.htm

I wouldn’t spend too much money for repair because I think you can a 545-1102 or even a 555-1102 cpu,s on the second hand market since CTI has launched the 2500 series plc.
A 2500-C200 replaces a 545-1101 and is much faster and is build on newer technology.

Info you can find at http://www.controltechnology.com/

Regards

Henny