TIA portal v11

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So, "TIA Portal v11" must be just on the doorsteps right now.

There are several interesting presentations from the innovation tour here:
http://www.siemens.de/industry/automation/bayern/downloads/Seiten/Default.aspx

A couple of tidbits that I took note of:
T CPUs are not supported yet.
H CPUs are not supported yet.
Archives wont require a license on the panels.
The new comfort panels will be twice as performant as the multi panels (!).
Comfort panels will have an onboard viewer for PDF, Excel and Word (I can use that for my log-files).
System Diagnostics viewer on the comfort panels.
SCL debugging has been much improved.

They told us it should come this month for SUS. Also, there was that preview (innovation tour) that if you attended you get free half day training where you need your own computer with V11 installed, if i remember right, the training is in here fourth of may. So it cant be many days anymore.

Some other highlights

Indexed addressing like SCL variable[index] now also in ladder
Instead of several laddder boxes for addition and multiplication you can write a math formula directly in one ladder box.
Implicit data type conversion in SCL.
SCL suport for 1200 series CPU's.
They are also rumors about a new series of cpu's called 1500 series

Hopefully this software works from start! I still have nightmares from the time with WinCCFlexible 2004 :)

We received our V11 disk for innovation tour training today, no licence yet. V11 (SP1) with SUS should be next month.

The Tia Portal on tour in Sweden was suddenly postponed until autumn. Siemens said that the reason was that they wanted to ensure the best user experience. Wonder if best user experience means first service pack :)

The Tia Portal on tour in Sweden was suddenly postponed until autumn. Siemens said that the reason was that they wanted to ensure the best user experience. Wonder if best user experience means first service pack :)
Could be, I've forgotten the exact date we were told, but I believe it was late summer or early autumn (July / August).

since may first i'm going to the receiving departement to see if my SUS get shipped but nothing at this time

Glad to hear for the math ladder box like AB soft...It was a bit ugly to have multiple add instruction to add few variable...

I also seen the real "Undo" button !

since may first i'm going to the receiving departement to see if my SUS get shipped but nothing at this time

Glad to hear for the math ladder box like AB soft...It was a bit ugly to have multiple add instruction to add few variable...

I also seen the real "Undo" button !

For us it was not SUS delivery, it was delivered becouse of innovation tour training that requires you to have your computer with installed V11 when attending.