Time entry from HMI compared against curr_hour and curr_minute

PFrog

Hello,

I am going to use an HMI for a 4 digit military rime entry. I want to compare this value against the curr_hour and curr_minute in the control logix processor. My question is how to break up the 4 digit number with the two upper, and two lower values that I can use to directly compare against curr_hour and curr_minute?

I could have two different entries on the HMI to accomplish this, but I liked the idea of just having one.

I am using Rslogix 5000 with structured text.

Thanks!

use a GSV to put the time into tags, then compare as normal

I am using a GSV to pull the system time from the control logix processor. I am looking to compare those values against a 4 digit military time entry from an HMI. I am wanting to know the best way to break up the 4 digit time entry with the two upper digits comparing against the current hour (from the GSV) and the two lower digits comparing against the current minute (from the GSV). I am not certain on how to separate the 4 digit number...

Check that the division works with minutes over 50. If not do the mod first then subtract the extracted minutes from the total before dividing by 100.

Last edited: