Time of Flight???

jaichains

Hi,

Could someone please explain me what does "Time of Flight" mean?? I remember studying this in University but have completely forgot now.

I have an application where I have two valves (Course and Fine)and a Target of 100 Kgs. I switch 'ON' the Course Valve for 95 Kgs and then have to use Time of Flight for the Fine valve so that my process hits the target of 100Kgs (+/- 3% Tol).

Normally its called Flight Time.

When you close a valve on weight, some product is already 'in the air' you cannot stop it adding to the final weight and you cannot see it on the weight reading. Also the time it takes the valve to react and product to stop flowing, more product will be on its way.

So when you control the valve you take into account the product 'in flight' and close early, normally called flight time.