To Panelview 1000 from SLC

showshocka

Hi, I'm having the hardest time in the PV project finding what, from the SLC project that says in a MOV instruction that source #73 to N7:20, which is my PV, is going to load "Upper Tape Didn't Cut" display show on the PV when true. What I'm asking is now that I see the actual message in the PV file,(in the text editor) where can I see where the address in the PV project that is making that message true in the PV. What if i wanted to change it address in the PV's project, so that the PLC will send it to a new one if I need to go to a different address in the PV. I have been in tag editor and I don't even see that error message even listed...I then go into text editor and I see it but I know it will not give me the option to see the address there. Anybody?

panel view line6.jpg

In the Tag Editor find the tag which is referenced to N7:20. (Double click on the 'Address' heading to sort them by address to make finding it easier.)

Once you have found it right click on that entry and choose 'Used by'. This will give you the screen and object type which used N7:20. It may very likely be a Multistate Indicator (at least that is how we do this.)

Go to that screen and object. If it is a Multistate Indicator then each state will reference a value and bring up a given text message.

If you are still having trouble finding it post both the SLC and PV's program, zipthem first and I'm sure someone can help find it for you.

What screen does the message show up on?

No luck! It seems that the messages are going to N:7/20 and N:9/0 since I have 2 Panel views. But in the Tag editor, after I clic "Used by", I still don't see the ones listed that I am looking for. "Upper tape didn't cut" and "Lower tape didn't cut". I never even saw those two tittles in the list of integers on the Tag Editor either. :unsure:

I've got Panelbuild32 v3.80 but cannot open that PVA file. Maybe it's made with a later version I don't have?

Let's take this one step at a time.

N7:20 is a red herring, that isn't what is triggering the message display on the main screen.

Double click on the message display. You will see that the 'Read Tag' is 'message_number'. Using the 'Edit Tag' control you will see that 'message_number' is assigned to N9:2. That is the location which triggers the display message. N9:2 is affected in your RSS program in ladder 4 at rung 97 where the value from N9:0 is MOVed into it. N9:0 is affected by multiple rungs in this file.

In the Text Editor you will find that 'Upper Tape Didn't Cut' is Text ID 1607. Right clicking on that row and choosing 'Used By' we see verified that it is used on the Main screen in the Message Display control.

Re-opening the Message Display and going to the 'States' tab scroll down to line 108 where we see the text and at the far end of the line the Text ID of 1607. In the RSS file, ladder 4 rungs 52 and 53 are where the values 108 or 109 are assigned to N9:0 which gets transferred to N9:2. When the control reads a number from N9:2 it goes to that row in the 'Value' column in its 'States' and shows the message which is there.

Now that you have all that, what is your question again?

Last edited:
No luck! It seems that the messages are going to N:7/20 and N:9/0 since I have 2 Panel views. But in the Tag editor, after I clic "Used by", I still don't see the ones listed that I am looking for. "Upper tape didn't cut" and "Lower tape didn't cut". I never even saw those two tittles in the list of integers on the Tag Editor either. :unsure:

Use the text editor. You can sort it alphabetically and search it. Find the text there, then right click for the menu to find the Used By objects.

EDIT: Lol, you have a screenshot of that right click menu in the 1st post. get there again and hit Ctrl+B to find the objects using that text and interrogate their properties to find the related tags.

Yes OkiePC, I did what you said and it only showed me that is was being used by the main screen. It even took me there, but that's it.

still looking for address.jpg

Maybe you aren't understanding the sequence the Panelview control goes through to show the message.

1. The Message Display control asks the PLC for the value in N9:2 (it calls this 'message_number')

2. It receives the value '108' from the PLC

3. It goes to it's 'States' data base and scans down looking for '108' in the 'Value' column. (It happens to be on row number 108 but the row number isn't the controlling thing.)

4. At that row is the reference to the 'Upper Tape Didn't Cut' text.

5. It shows 'Upper Tape Didn't Cut' on the display.

So all that the Panelview gets from the PLC is a number (in this case 108). The text to display is stored in the Panelview.