Torque and motor sizing for an idiot

Ahh thanks!

From the motors perspective (ignoring the motors own inertia for simplicity...)
Imotor = Tmotor / amotor
expand to use load values

Imotor = (Tload / Nratio) / (aload * Nratio)
It seems right to me...? I just can't remember from school how to consolidate the variables. (Not that I need to know)

... Anyway, that aside I certainly have got alot from this thread so thanks all those who contributed. Now my opinion for myself (the layman) is so long as the major loads are calculated correctly and where the application is not complex nor large enough to warrant further higher level calculations then just applying the "physics for dummies" work book example approach shall suffice! :)

Similar Topics

I know this is a little off topic but I could sure use some help in obtaining the proper motor size/torque specifications for a project that I am...
Replies
Views
We have aspindle that we drive with Siemens Sinamics S210 servodrive and servomotor1FK2104-4AF10-0MA0 and gearbox...
Replies
Views
Why it is said Maximum torque of induction motor is inversely proportional to frequency square ? Maximum torque formula for induction motor is...
Replies
Views
have a question. Hope i can ask it so it makes sense. Have a gear motor that is rated at 650 lb_in that turns 47 RPM at max speed. Need to use...
Replies
Views
I have an application where I am camming a rotary axis to a master axis driving a web material. The cam profile is fairly simple. The axis is a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom