Toshiba ex100 PLC hardware dongle

minimum

Afternoon All,

Hope you can shed some light on a problem i am having. I have a Toshiba ex100 plc with hardware dongle. After an upgrade of our old windows 98 laptop to a new siemens PG the PDD will not find the hardware dongle. It works on the old laptop but not the new one.

Does the dongle require any special requirements to function ?.

Thanks in Advance

Have you tried finding and installing 32 bit drivers for the hardware key? You didn't say what kind of dongle it is, but all of them, Sentinal, WIBU, and others require a true, protected mode driver for Windows NT, 2000, XP, and 2003.
The 16 bit 'Direct Port Access' drivers will not work.

Sorry for the lack of information !

The old laptop is running Windows 98
The Siemens PG is Running Windows XP

The Dongle is a sentinal pro

I dont think the problem is to do with the drivers i have tried the dongle on several other machines which have standard XP Drivers and the program works.
I am starting to think that it is a standard setting that siemens have on the laptop.