Toshiba EX100 PLC

kennadrin

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a few machines here that have Toshiba EX100 PLCs in them. I found a programming cable with hardware dongle on Ebay. I am getting a no hardware key found error even though it is there. I have been able to save the program to disc and also upload to the plc from the disc, but can't save any changes made to the ladder logic online or offline. Is there something else I should try? Like I said, I can successfully go online and have put the machine in halt/run. I was hoping to be able to make edits and print out the ladder logic, hence the dongle. Sorry for regurgitating this EX100 plc ****. My goal is to get the logic and replace with AB plc

Kenny

ex100.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I have tried both Versions of the pdd software that was given to me from the Toshiba rep and his site. expdd250 V2 2066 and expdd V3 2067. I have looked at the threads on PLC talk and seen where they said one was for editing online and other for offline. Not sure why the Dongle isn't being recognized

Parent Directory
EXPDD2040-V2 Software_2065.ZIP
EXPDD250-V2 Software_2066.ZIP
EXPDD250-V3_2067.ZIP
Pdd.zip
pgm.zip

Kenny

I've just got to ask. Are you using an old computer with a real RS232 port and Windows98 or earlier to run DOS based software? Also, can you zip and attach the program here. I have had some luck printing and may be able to make the edits too. Not sure but I do have some older computers and a dongle here. You will need to somehow show me the edits you need.

Yes, I have a dell that has a true serial port. The Windows version is xp. I purchased another ex100 to play with at the house..

I Will keep asking around the different forums. Even as old as they are, someone may be able to help.

Thanks

Ken

When you try to save the edits, did you use Shift-F10 instead of just F10? A lot of those old programs used a Shift to add to the F key commands. Some used the space bar and some used the Ctrl key to add commands.

Last edited:
I will give it a shot when I get home later.. It calls for just f10 to save, but who knows..

Thanks

Kenny

I just tried a test program and the Shift F10 seemed to work for saving the Edits. For printing, I think you might have to find a program like DOS2USB Print.
See link below.
http://www.dos2usb.com/
This might work to get it to work with these newer printers. That is unless you have an old ASCII Serial printer available. One work-around is to use Alt + PrintScreen to capture each screen, then, Paste into a Notepad Document. Edit as necessary. Notepad should print OK with your newer printer.

Excellent, I will try it later tonight.. Appreciate you testing it out.. I have done the print screen many times before lol ..

Thanks again and I will keep you updated

Ken

I tried the Shift F10, this allowed me to save changed made. Thanks for helping. This weekend I will start the Alt/Printscreen process and then tying the inputs/outputs to ladder logic locations.

Thanks again

Kenny

My PLC primer book came and I just was browsing through it.. It calls for shift F-10 unlike the PDD program. My apologies for asking these questions before actually reading the book

Kenny

No problem, glad to help. If I can help in any way, let me know. By the way, it took me a while to remember about the Shift F10 since it had been many years ago that I used the software.
Did you try the print conversion program in the link in post 9? If it doesn't work, here is another trial print conversion program link.
Link:
http://www.printfil.com/edown.htm