Touch Panel Glass + Protective Film FIT 1000 2711P-T10C22D9P-B

Tubelite_KRK

We broke the glass on the new PanelView Plus 7 .... 2 months after the install. Our vendor stated that we cannot buy the repair parts...(Touch Panel Glass + Protective Film FIT 1000 2711P-T10C22D9P-B)... from them....
But we can send it in for repair ,at an astronomical rate . The parts I need are in the thread listing for a fraction of the cost.
Has anyone repaired their glass with these 3rd party pieces/parts? I ordered the parts today to attempt inhouse repair ... there is a youtube video
showing the procedure. How to Repair 2711P-T10C22D9P Panelview Plus 7 Protective film Touchscreen Panel LCD Display? and #Allen-Bradley #PanelView 1000 Plus 7 Touchscreen Replacement 2711P T10C22D9P

Buy a replacement from Plccable.com as well.

I recently repaired a panelview using an ebay version, no AB label on the bezel, but it worked in the end all the same. AB doesn't make their own hardware, so people end up sourcing replacements from original manufacturers all the time.

Just be sure to get some electronics safe silicone sealant for when you put the new glass back in, that's the only thing not included in kits to replace them.

We use accessories from this company and the product quality and service are both good. Their corresponding official website is www.vicpas.com, you can go to their website to find out.

Not done a PV touch panel but done a number of others, the prices for repair are very expensive but in saying that it is a bit time consuming sometimes, one that really riled me was a Siemens TP range, the touch screen was smashed, tried to get it repaired but most companies said it could not be done as the the touch panel has been removed from production due to ROHS compliance, the replacement for the machine supplier was a grand above the original cost of a new unit, I dismantled it, found some part numbers & manufacturer, rang them & they said they do not supply parts directly & we do not have any as it ceased production 12 months ago, however, they gave me a couple of companies who were agents for them & said they may have some old stock, rang one & yes they had two in stock at £50.00 each, I ordered both fitted them it was pretty easy used some foam double sided tape to mount it, calibrated it & it was fine, so the quotes we had for a repair & a replacement unit ranged from £2,700 to £4000.00 so £50.00 & an hour of my time it was a no brainer.

that's the only thing not included in kits to replace them.
Thanks guys and thank you for the idea... I will see if we can get small tubes that we can supply

We do have both the overlay and the glass in stock and can ship today