Touch panel Siemens/tp177b error "connecting to host"

najib.danial

hi,
i already install new touch screen but show error "connecting to host". action already done:
1. compare and follow the address code at touch panel.
2. just plug and play
3. is it need setting or got program inside??
i hope can receive the "tip top" answer from you all. thanks :geek:

If the TP177B program is integrated in STEP7, and the connection is fully specified by selecting the CPU, then the connection details should automatically be set.
If on the other hand you are specifying the connection details manually, then be sure to select that the slot=2 and rack=0 (assuming that the target is an S7-300). This is a typical error.

The HMI program must be downloaded to the TP177B. The connection settings will be set automatically.
Exception is if you use ethernet. In that case you must set the IP address on the panel manually. This is done in the Windows Control Panel on the TP177B.