TP 27 ( ProTool ) -> MP 277 ( WinCC Flex) Conversion - recipes

adfox

Hi,
I've got a nasty job to do. I have very old TP 27 protool project that involves area pointers such as ACK, Data Mailbox, Interface Area and Screen Number.

I need to convert it to MP 277 10", during conversion to WinCC Flexible ( 277's to new for ProTool ) I've got warnings about Functions not being able to convert ( Data Rec DAT -> OP/PLC or
Data Rec PLC -> OP/DAT ), so I've took a lecture of SIMATIC HMI
WinCC flexible 2005 Migration manual... and Ok - i should replace those functions with Set/Get DataRecordToPLC...
but Protool functions have a parameter Data Medium which WinCC Flex don't have, why ?

Second thing is, that i need to update PLC program after conversion ( Data record pointer 4TH Status Word ) - what does it mean ?

What else should I do to make the MP back and running, without changes in S7 source ? ( Very old program, written in German - not my best language - that's why i'm afraid ;) )

adfox said:
And... What's with function Select Data Record ?
A data record is an actual recipe.
A record contains all the recipe parameters.
I don't have WinCC on here but your conversion will need an intermediate storage register in the PLc which is called "data mailbox" for your recipes.
I think this is what you are missing(from your post above).
Not sure how the old panel was setup in pro-tool but lat few times I did use Pro-Tool it also contained a "Data Mailbox" for recipe manipulation which was stored in the PLC.

Ok, It's also in protool project... I've recreated it manually, and I'm going to the machine on friday let's hope it work ;)

Thanks for answer.